Sunday, March 28, 2010

She Didn't Put Sugar in the Tea, But the Gas Tank is Full

Oh, there are plenty of things in my life going on, not just writing-wise, but I am keeping this strictly along those lines, so...I'll post some triviality.

I want my career to be writing. And I am spurned by my self, that can't be helped. I go at my own pace when there are obstacles. The main obstacle is work. Now if that were out of the way, I could be doing something like my friend. She is actually going back into writing, working on a TV movie script. This gives me two reasons to get busy.

A book I've been trying to read, Obscene in the Extreme, is a little taxing on me. The writer isn't very good, but he does put a lot of facts in his book, a scholarly look back into the banning of John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath. So far though, it's been a real eye-opener. Hm, love that history.

No comments: